Wednesday, 17 August 2011

Did I ever tell you about the time I slept with Lenny Kravitz...

I didn't really. But I did have a rendevouz with a radio DJ. Not quite as glamorous but hey, sometimes we settle for the closest thing to a rock star. 

We were having our year-end conference at a venue out of town and we had asked a few DJ's to play at the party. My Mr Big was one of them. My musical colleagues and I partied to "Nkalakatha" by Mandoza, Madonna's "Music" and one or two songs from Outkast. We waited until everyone was in the swing of things, and then slipped out, knowing we wouldn't be missed.

Off we went to my hotel room for some 'alone' time with Daft Punk's "One More Time" in the background. We did...and one more time after that! The room was pokey. Two single beds pushed together to make a double bed. A yucky floral duvet covered off-white sheets, but we were too caught up in the moment to notice. Soon it was time for him to get back to the decks. Off he went without a goodbye or a high-five. 

He might have looked back to blow me a kiss but I wouldn't have known..the two beds had given way, I had slipped through the crack and was lying in a heap on the floor, with only the aforementioned danky duvet covering the last bits of dignity left!


No comments:

Post a Comment