Tuesday, 11 October 2011

Your vagina said all that?

I took the day off today. I needed some time away from the chaos that is the office environment at the moment. To say the last few weeks have been emotionally draining on me is THE understatement of the year. Mark and I had also planned to go to home affairs to get Emma's passport and ID documents sorted out, but first up was an appointment with a psychic. Let's call him Gee.

Judge me if you want, but occasionally I need a little guidance from the other side and even if it's a load of poppycock a lot of the time things I already know are simply confirmed. Gee is in demand and there are clearly a lot of people needing reassurance, guidance and comfort of some kind. I had made the appointment weeks ago and today at 10am was the only opening he had available. I hadn't told Mark as I know his feelings on this and the less said the better, so this morning when he asked where I was going, I simply said the gynae. As with most men, I find if you mention the word 'gynae' or 'women's things' the conversation comes to an end fairly quickly. And it worked again. "Oh, okay. I'll see you later" Mark said, glad I wasn't going into too much detail.

Off I went to meet Gee. I got lost on my way there and was slightly stressed by the time I pulled into the driveway. Unsure of what to expect I sat on the edge of the chair in the waiting area, a little nervous, a little excited. After a while he made his appearance and showed me into a room. It was not what I expected at all. There were no dream catchers hanging from the ceiling, or his ears. No necklaces, anklets or bracelets reading 'WWSD' (what would spirits do). Just an iPad, an iPhone and a rather exotic looking set of cards. "Let's get started Cookie," Gee said, calling on his spirit guide - I'm still not sure which one of us is Cookie,  me or the spirit guide.

Half an hour later the session was over and I was on my way home. I was mulling over some of the things that had been said and feeling at ease with a lot of things that had been on my mind. Lost in thought, I couldn't wait to get home to tell Mark what had happened, forgetting my little white lie in the morning.

"How was it?" Mark asked when I walked in the door. "Good" I said and proceeded to tell Mark that things at work will calm down and I'll be okay. That the company is good but some of the people around me are not good for me. I told him that Gee had discussed his work situation and that all was going to be okay too. That he would get through this transitional phase. Gee picked up two children, one being the baby I had lost at 11 weeks and he confirmed how difficult this period had been for me. I told Mark that Emma had come up a lot and that she's a positive light for us. I told him how Gee had said that the the universe had blessed us with a very special girl, almost as an over-compensation for how shitty it had treated me in the past.  Gee told me how she was the belle of the ball, with us and our extended group of friends. He also told me that he sees a little baby brother on the cards, also through adoption, and we can look forward to this in the early part of next year.

He told me that as much as there is a sadness around me I had made peace with a lot of things and that Emma had a lot to do with this. Gee also said how I had made new friends, because of Emma, and how good these new friends were for me. The guru had also picked up that we would move soon. And we would be happier in our new home. The house we're in at the moment doesn't leave me feeling grounded and as a Taurus I need to feel that. Apparently, being a Taurus female isn't bad at all. It's one of the stronger star signs and as a woman it's a positive. Go figure! I fed back to Mark that I'm quite high maintenance but that he does a great job as a husband, as a provider and as a father. Also, 2012 is going to be a good year for us. The last two have been incredibly hard but we're moving into a recovery phase and the upcoming year will be kind to us.

Mark sat quietly, mouth slight agape. "So that was my morning" I said. After a little while Mark, still looking confused asked "You got all of that from your vagina?"

3 comments:

  1. LOL you should have just said Yes and carried on lol thanks you made my night :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whahahahahaha!!! Hahahaha! Gorgeous!

    And wishing you & your family ALL the happiness, new homes, family additions, awesome work opportunities and all x

    ReplyDelete