Friday, 18 November 2011

Who knew?

 Dearest Emma,

Who knew?

Who knew I would be a mommy to a charming, funny, healthy, happy little girl

Who knew that a teeny tiny little person (with abnormally large feet) would make my life so complete

Who knew that I'd be able to sing along to Dora the Explorer, In The Night Garden, Everything's Rosie and a whole bunch more

Who knew that...
 

Who knew that I would be able to discuss things like be sharp beetles and monkeynastix...and know what I'm talking about

Who knew I'd be negotiating bath time, dinner time and bedtime with jelly tots, sour worms and lollipops

Who knew I'd be saying things my mother said

Who knew my alarm clock would be enthusiastic slap to the head

Who knew that...



Who knew I'd feel so much for someone so small

Who knew 'play play' tea parties could be so much fun

Who knew sand cupcakes could taste so delicious

Who knew sandpits, jumping castles and bubbles would bring me so much joy

Who knew that... 




Who knew that I would happily sit and do nothing but watch my daughter sleep

who knew that I'd feel blessed because I had to wake up several times during the night for a feed or a cuddle or just because Emma wanted me near

Who knew I'd learn life's most important lessons from a person in diapers

Who knew there'd be naughty steps and corners in our house 

Who knew...



Who knew my favorite brands and labels would be NUK, Chicco and Huggies

Who knew  the colour of poo and projectile vomiting could make for interesting conversations

Who knew that it really is the simple things that mean the most

Who knew that...



Who knew my heart would melt with a simple"I love you mama"

Who knew my cup would runneth over with so many blessings I'd be drinking from the saucer

Who knew that at my poorest my life would still be rich 

Who knew that...
 Who knew that I'd find out what's important in life, and what's not

Who knew my life would be blessed with the most amazing, caring, giving, fabulously funny new friends

Who knew I would look at rainbows and clouds differently 

Who knew that...



Who knew jumping in puddles could make you feel better

Who knew blowing bubbles in a cold drink cup could be so much fun

Who knew that there's wonder in everything around me, from the tiniest little bug to an elephant's rotund rump

 Who knew? You did Emma




Melinda

1 comment: